Engineering students can now take their career a step further by combining engineering technology, entrepreneurship, and business education to help them succeed in today’s competitive work environment. Offered in partnership with the College of Engineering and the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, the Technological Entrepreneurship Certificate recognizes that innovation is critical to an organization’s success. Develop management and leadership skills and dive into the process of how to start or lead your own business.
The program enables students to study the entrepreneurial process as it relates to technology. It not only serves students who intend to start and operate their own business - it also helps any student interested in gaining a better understanding of managing innovation in an existing business environment. The wide range of electives permits students to tailor business courses to be best suited for their individual interests. They learn from a select team of University faculty and business leaders, chosen for their ability to teach and inspire the innovation management process.
- Gain exposure to understanding sound business thinking
- Acquire team-building skills critical in both small and large companies
- Understand the entrepreneurial approach to acquiring and managing resources
- Learn how to create a business plan as skillfully as solving difficult engineering equations
- Get insights into how to bridge engineering and business principles
- Obtain valuable contacts and network opportunities with successful, thriving businesses and industries
To find our more about this certificate or to enroll, please contact the office below.
College of Engineering
3100 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Iowa City, IA 52242