The Pappajohn Student Entrepreneurial Venture Competition is a statewide competition where students in Iowa colleges and universities who have interest in starting their own venture can compete to win one of three seed grants in the amount of $5,000 each. Business plans will be judged based on content, concept, and viability of their business idea.
Submissions must include an executive summary (Business Model Canvas format), one page Business Model Canvas, financial projections, and a signed terms and conditions.
Iowa JPEC leadership will select finalist who are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Full or part-time undergraduate or graduate students registered for 2021-22 academic year at any Iowa post-secondary educational institution.
- Plans may be submitted by an individual or by a team of students.
- Teams must consist of at least one student member.
- Teams must consist of five or fewer members.
- Business competition applications must be for a startup or new business only (not for an existing business). Regional directors will subjectively determine eligibility.