Our entrepreneurs are passionate about their ideas and have given serious thought to their venture’s prospects. The venture can be a startup idea, one that is ready to launch, or one that is already earning revenue. Entrepreneurs and their ventures will have an ongoing relationship with the Venture Mentoring Service.
ENTREPRENEUR CANDIDATE CONSIDERATIONS
At least one member of the venture team must have a connection with the University of Iowa and/or the University of Iowa John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (Iowa JPEC).
Successful applicants will have completed one of the following:
- Participation in other collegiate or community venture acceleration programs
- Participation in an Iowa JPEC venture acceleration program such as
- Venture School
- NSF I-Corps
- Startup Incubator
- Hawkeye Summer Accelerator
- Innovation Challenge
- A client of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- A company that has hired an intern via Iowa JPEC
- A company that completed the JPEC Business Consulting Program
Team meetings are held via Zoom and ventures located anywhere in Iowa are welcome to apply. Ventures may meet with their mentors in-person if schedules allow.
HOW TO APPLY
One member of the venture team must complete the application, which will be reviewed by Venture Mentoring Service staff. This is a competitive, merit-based application. Program capacity is limited to ensure excellent venture-mentor relationships. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
If you have questions, contact Jeralyn Westercamp at email@example.com.